The Unitarian Universalist Church of Urbana-Champaign is excited to offer this adult religious education course on Saturday, April 27, 2019
from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Lunch is provided and childcare is available upon request.
This course is limited to the first 24 participants and could fill up quickly so register as soon as possible.
The course description is as follows:
At a time when differences seem more pronounced, simple disagreements can turn into difficult conflicts. Join Gail Schiesser and Virginia Brubaker to learn how to deal both more effectively and more comfortably with conflict. In this fun and hands-on experience, you will learn how to:
· Identify and develop outcomes that are worth reaching;
· Recognize your own style for conflict and begin to be more comfortable with other styles;
· Discover the greater, more important goals that drives people to want something;
· Discover what conditions will have to be met to secure an agreement in a particular conflict; and
· Set a framework for an agreement between two parties.
This class will help anyone who finds themselves in situations where those around you are in conflict with each other from time to time. If you would like to be more helpful in those situations, this class is for you.
Virginia and Gail have taught communications skills for many years through the NLP Institute of Chicago. As partners in Common Sense Mediation, they resolved complex conflicts through mediation for couples and groups.
Please feel free to call them if you have questions about this class. Virginia's number is 217-419-3106.
If you have any questions, please email Michele Grove at email@example.com or call her at the church office: 217-384-8862